Monday, November 16, 2009

I have a queen mattress set and bought and Ikea bed frame?

We set it up last night, but I'm not sure if the two go together. We assembled this weird center metal piece that connects to the sides and has a middle bar. I looked under the bed this morning and the bed isn't sitting on the side rails but insead is resting on this contraption in the middle. Is that how its suppose to work, the bars are bent from the weight but its holding up it just squeeks and doesn't seem right to me.





Has anyone else put an american mattress and box spring on an Ikea bed frame using this metal center contraption (hamar)?

I have a queen mattress set and bought and Ikea bed frame?
Maybe you need to get the slatted bed platform thing that sets inside the frame. Not all bed frames are the exact dimensions and this would distribute the weight of the mattress.


No comments:

Post a Comment