Friday, November 18, 2011

Does anyone have a Queen Arabesque Pleco?

Does anyone have or had any experience with a Queen Arabesque Pleco (Hypancistrus sp)?


I have one myself and am wondering how long it takes them to reach full size? I read that they reach up to 4 inches and mine is only about 2 and doesn't seem to be growing. I have seen it eat during night feedings, but it never gets any bigger.

Does anyone have a Queen Arabesque Pleco?
The queen arabesque is a slow grower to be sure. They are beautiful, aren't they? Just like any other fish, they need regular weekly partial water changes to reach their full potential.





Also, they are carnivores and need some meat in their diets. I used to feed mine snails from my other tanks. The hypancistrus have a couple of small hooks at the front of their mouth that they use to hook the snails right out of their shells.





Have patience, feed wafers for carnivores and do your partial water changes weekly and you should have a 4" arabesque eventually.
Reply:Arabesques grow very slowly. I doubt that you will actually notice its growth. But a very beautiful plec. Excellent choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment